Our sustainability ambition
We believe in using technology to enable a better, more connected future for all.
Through our solutions, operations and people, we connect the planet, economies and communities in innovative and sustainable ways that positively impact the world.
We’ve set ambitious targets including net-zero, biodiversity, circularity, social impact and diversity and inclusion. Using the power of our technology and our employees’ paid volunteering days, we’re committed to addressing regenerative conservation, education and digital access across our global communities.
Foreword from our CEO
Abhijit Dubey Global CEO, NTT Ltd.
A year ago, we set out our sustainability ambitions which put us on a path to achieve operational net zero emissions by 2030. Our approach, guided by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and using science-based targets, focuses on three interconnected themes: connected planet, connected economy and connected communities.
Some of our achievements over the past 12 months include:
- Introducing three days of volunteering leave for all employees. Over 1,500 of our people have devoted their time this year to support their communities.
- Reaching 1 million kWh of renewable energy puts us firmly on track to realize our 2030 target of using 100% renewable energy and achieving net zero emissions.
- Establishing global parental leave, transgender, and gender-variant policies. We also support our LGBTQ+ colleagues and colleagues with disability through our Pride and Accessibility alliances.
It was Mahatma Gandhi who said, “The future depends on what you do today.” I believe that at NTT, we are doing things today that will change all our collective futures for the better, and the best is yet to come.
Our Sustainability Ambition
Our approach is guided by the United Nation Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Through a materiality assessment, we’ve identified the areas where our people, operations and solutions can have the greatest impact across our three interconnected themes of planet, economy and communities.
Using technology solutions to help protect, restore and regenerate the natural world, and conserve precious natural resources for future generations.
- Net-zero emissions across our operations by 2030, and across our value chain by 2040
- 100% renewable energy in our data centers by 2030, and in our offices and facilities by 2035
- Solutions for biodiversity on every continent where we operate by 2025
- Incorporate circular design into the way we operate by 2026 to reduce waste and carbon emissions
Using our trusted technology to help organizations thrive and make their contributions to a sustainable and resilient digital future.
- Grow our portfolio of smart solutions to support our clients and partners in reducing 200 million tons of greenhouse gas emissions by 2026
- Establish a Sustainability Innovation Fund and mentorship program for climate technology and smart solutions
- Maintain the best standards of cybersecurity, data privacy and data protection
- Ensure high standards of ethical behavior in line with our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and underpinned by our values of integrity, trust and connection
Supporting diverse and inclusive communities in areas where we operate by enabling access to opportunities for people to realize their potential.
- Provide 5 million young people and children from underprivileged areas with digital access and education opportunities by 2030
- Contribute 1 million hours of employee volunteering every year from 2025, focused on education and conservation
- Have more than 50% of employees belonging to one or more diversity categories by 2025
- Double the diversity of our executive leadership team by 2025
Our priority Sustainable Development Goals
Partnering for a more sustainable world.
We are committed to public transparency and accountability. We’re proud to be in the top 25% of all companies assessed globally by EcoVadis and a leader in carbon management and environmental criteria.
We support the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and have signed the UN Global Compact. We are in the process of having our targets validated by the Science-Based Targets initiative (SBTi) aligned to the 1.5-degree pathway (Paris Agreement).
Our ambition in action